It’s that time again for a mid-month market update for the Carson Valley, Nevada area!
Last month’s Carson Valley, Nevada market update report stated:
- There were 443 homes available for sale in the Carson Valley
- 27 were bank owned and 48 were short sale – 16.9% of the market was distressed
- There were 96 properties under contract and pending sale.
Every one of these indicators was healthier than the last 60 days and trending in a positive direction, fostering the notion that a recovery may be in sight for our little Carson Valley.
So how are we faring in April? Let’s take a look at today’s numbers:
- There are 441 homes available for sale in the Carson Valley
- 25 are bank owned and 53 are short sale – 17.6% of the market is distressed
- 112 properties are under contract and pending close of escrow
So what can we glean about the health of the Carson Valley, Nevada real estate market from this data?
- The number of homes available for sale is holding – so supply is stable
- The number of homes under contract / pending sale is increasing, so buyers are indeed buying
- The number of distressed properties on the market is – for the most part – stable for now
Things are continuing a slow and steady recovery in the Carson Valley. I am anxious to see how many of the 112 pending sales close this month. Last month 41 homes sold which was the third month in a row that the number of homes sold increased. If we can link together 6 months of positive trend data, I would be happy to stick my neck out and say we’re officially in recovery.
(Our data is from the NNRMLS, exclusing all shared ownership or manufactured housing in Area 300.)