Carson Valley Real Estate – Fourth Quarter 2013 Market Report
Here is our fourth quarter 2013 market recap for the Carson Valley real estate market.
- 161 homes sold
- The Average asking price was $300,844
- The Median asking price was $249,900
- The Average selling price was $289,624
- The Median selling price was $250,000
- The Average Days on Market was 107
- The Median Days on Market was 90
- The total amount of sales was $46,629,537
- Of the 161 sales, 27 of them were distressed sales of some sort (bank owned, short sale, court-ordered sale, etc.) = 16.7% distress rate.
Again, distressed properties are making up less and less of the total number of sales, demonstrating decisively that our market has reached a point where the majority of sellers are traditional equity sales, not short sales.
(Data provided courtesy of the Northern Nevada Regional Multiple Listing Service and excludes manufactured and shared ownership housing for Area 300, known as the Carson Valley which includes Gardnerville, Genoa, Minden, Indian Hills area of Carson City, China Springs, Spring Valley, Topaz Ranch Estates and outlying areas.)