Here is our first quarter 2014 market recap for the Carson Valley real estate market.
- 133 homes sold
- The Average asking price was $310,902
- The Median asking price was $259,000
- The Average selling price was $302,197
- The Median selling price was $245,000
- The Average Days on Market was 120
- The Median Days on Market was 90
- The total amount of sales was $40,192,322
- Of the 133 sales, 33 of them were distressed sales of some sort (bank owned, short sale, court-ordered sale, etc.) = 24.8% distress rate.
The average asking price is up $10,000 over the previous quarter, as is the average selling price. The median asking and selling prices were also up quarter over quarter by $5,000. It’s taking about the same length of time for listings to sell, but the prices are going up, demonstrated by the above statistics. Typically our first quarter of each year has lower sales volume, however over $40,000,000 in sales in the first quarter is still very robust for winter.
(Data provided courtesy of the Northern Nevada Regional Multiple Listing Service and excludes manufactured and shared ownership housing for Area 300, known as the Carson Valley which includes Gardnerville, Genoa, Minden, Indian Hills area of Carson City, China Springs, Spring Valley, Topaz Ranch Estates and outlying areas.)