Carson Valley Real Estate – Third Quarter 2013 Market Report
Here is our third quarter 2013 market recap for the Carson Valley real estate market.
- 238 homes sold
- The Average asking price was $299,407
- The Median asking price was $259,000
- The Average selling price was $291,675
- The Median selling price was $260,000
- The Average Days on Market was 126
- The Median Days on Market was 88
- The total amount of sales was $69,418,814
- Of the 238 sales, 52 of them were distressed sales of some sort (bank owned, short sale, court-ordered sale, etc.) = 21.8% distress rate.
So, we can see that the trend continued where distressed properties made up less and less of the percentage of properties sold and the selling prices – both median and average – are up compared to year over year AND the previous quarter.
(Data provided courtesy of the Northern Nevada Regional Multiple Listing Service and excludes manufactured and shared ownership housing for Area 300, known as the Carson Valley which includes Gardnerville, Genoa, Minden, Indian Hills area of Carson City, China Springs, Spring Valley, Topaz Ranch Estates and outlying areas.)