Whether you’ve owned a Northern NevadaÂ home before, or you are a first time Northern Nevada home buyer, having a Buyer’s Guide can be a very helpful tool before, during, and even after the homebuying process.
Since most people don’t buy and sell homes every month, let alone every year, we have put together a fantastic 36-page “Just For Buyers” Guide.
This post is the first in a series of 7 posts covering some of the more important components of buying a home in Northern Nevada.
Step One – Why Should I Own a Home?
Here are four simple reasons why it’s a smart idea to own your own Northern Nevada home.
1. Tax Advantages – The U.S. Tax Code lets you deduct the interest you pay on your mortgage, property taxes you pay, and some of the costs involved in buying your home.
2. Predictability – Unlike rent, your mortgage payments donâ€™t go up over the years so your housing costs may actually decline as you own the home longer. However, keep in mind that property t axes and insurance costs will rise (and this also depends on the type of mortgage loan you obtain).
3. Freedom – The home is yours. You can make design changes to update it or decorate it any way you want and be able to benefit from your investment for as long as you own the home.
4. Stability – Remaining in one Northern Nevada neighborhood for several years gives you a chance to participate in community activities, lets you and your family establish lasting friendships, and offers your children the opportunity to create long-term friendships that often can last well into adulthood.
Step 2 – Why Should I Use a REALTORÂ®?
1. A Northern Nevada real estate transaction is complicated. Buying or selling a Northern Nevada home requires disclosure forms, inspection reports, mortgage documents, insurance policies, deeds, and multi-page government mandated settlement statements. A knowledgeable guide through this complexity can help you avoid delays or costly mistakes.
2. Northern Nevada Real estate has its own language. If you donâ€™t know a CMA from a PUD, you can understand why itâ€™s so important to work with someone who speaks that language. When you find just the right Northern Nevada house, you want to be able to get the contract written and move forward right away – If you have to spend your time getting educated, you may miss out on that house of your dreams.
3. Northern Nevada REALTORSÂ® have done this before. Most people buy and sell only a few homes in a lifetime, usually with quite a few years in between each purchase. And even if youâ€™ve done it before, laws and regulations change. Thatâ€™s why having an expert on your side is critical.
In the second post in this series, we’ll discuss “Real Estate Commissions Explained” and “7 Steps to Prepare for Home Ownership”. If you’d like a FREE copy of our complete 36 page Northern Nevada “Just for Buyers Guide” just let us know. We’re happy to provide you with one to assist you on your road to home ownership.